In 2011, when we first got the boat, one of the first things we did was to remove the “flowery” curtains.
First we replaced the curtains with with blinds. It dramatically changed the look of the inside and helped make the teak sides”pop” but the original window valances on the boat were covered with a cream colored vinyl and it looked dirty, dated and drab.
We wanted to change these and update them to teak.
So this past Winter the valances were removed , stripped of the vinyl and 1/8″ teak plywood was glued to them.
We wanted the grain to run vertically to match the sides and this meant adding a molding to the bottom of the valance. A custom curved molding had to be made for the forward end of the valance.
After sanding they were finished with several coats of teak oil.
We used the original trim “piping” on the upper edge
Here’s how they turned out
A purely cosmetic project this time but we think it looks way better !