One of the things that needed attention on the new boat were the original windows. They needed to be rebuilt and have the flex mohair tracks replaced . We knew this when we bought the boat, so no surprise there and having rebuilt the ones in the 26, I was familiar with how these windows could be fixed. Click HERE for that post.
After closer inspection and some research, we decided to buy all new windows .
There are 8 in total including the 3 fronts and the small slider in the galley.
The new windows came from Bounty Marine in Portland (now in Anacortes, WA).
John knows Tollycraft windows, has all the original drawings and was very easy to work with.
Installation was straightforward. Some minor “re-shaping” of the openings was required. I used a small belt sander to adjust the radius corners.
Thankfully the plywood cabin sides are all in excellent condition.
We used the double sided 1/2″ foam tape to seal the frames to the sides.
No leaking for these windows!
These new front windows will not hold water on the outside corners like the old ones!
We are really pleased with these windows and glad we decided to replace them.
I’m glad this project is finished and we can get on to the next one.